.
Friday, August 08, 2003

nice to meet you  

Now is the time in our lives that i think we should all learn the difference between acquaintences (spl i am horrible) and friends. When you really think about it you can be nice to people you meet and people you hang out with but do you really have to take the time to bare yourself to them? nah not really. I think sharing your quality with your FRIENDS is more important than spreading yourself out thinking amongst people you just hang with or see occasionally. There isn't enough of you to go around. Looking back i think i mostly had accquaintences in high school. There are very few people that when i have a mojor problem or something complicated that i want to take the time to tell them. Because you really only tell the people who are going to be around the next time something big happens so that they know the background.

I think coming out of highschool i might have had 10 friends and alot of accquaintences, now that a year has passed and time has lossened us from each other and we have all grown I feel that i only have about hmmmm 4 friends and that might even be stretching it. And i dont feel bad about that, it's apart of growing up. I will be putting a lot into these 4 friends, these are my money holders, my prized stock. These are the people who earn my trust and put me in my place and are there for me when i stepped out of it. I like it this way. I like knowing alot of people and having a good time but it rediculous to expect people to tell you everything. Why should we spread ourselves so thin, there is no reason everyone should know everything about me. Most of the things i share with friends should be kind of special...like only they know the big stuff cause they are the only ones who know the real me.

I am not sure where this is going but it looks as if the people around me are trying desperatly to act as if they are friends with everyone from high school and nothing has changed. Ourlives are getting bigger and things are getting more complicated and trust is getting harder to keep and earn with all things going on, so i think it's time to cut your losses and only keep those close who you know are going to be there for awhile. Not to say that your relationship with change with those other people but we should just recognize them for what they are, great accquaintences and great people to hang around with.

Maybe other people view accquaintces as friends and friends as best friends, but i guess i just see things differently. I want to know my friends and i want them to really know me and unless you have around 5 thats really hard to do.

Krista Experienced Paradise at 7:10 PM
(0) comments

Comments: Post a Comment