.
Wednesday, April 14, 2004

MY sports rant 

now sara don't get pissy, its not your fault that you helped me discover another one of my pet peeves.

I can not STAND it when "fans" come out of the closet during playoffs. (and you can have your fandom if you insist thats what it is)

Now you can't just go around saying win this win that hope they score, and fuck this and fuck that. Thats not what a fan is. Nope. No siree. The fan would know the name of the players. Possibly know when they were signed and who is on the trading block and whos contract is coming up for renewal? If you were a real fan you would. After all these things have a major impact on how your fav team does. Also you should know at least a few of their shining moments.

Now I would be considered a habs loyalist on the pure notion that my dad is a true fan. Not just cause i like their team colours/jerseys or that they come from montreal. If anything i dont like the frenchness of it. But I do know that they were one FUCKIN eh team bacu in the late 60's and 70's winning like 7 cups in a row. *or so it would appear from the memorbilia dad has had up around*

I do know that whats his face (did know his name, think it begins with b but alas have forgotten now* was a disgrace earlier this week pullin a BIG FAKER pentalty grad. What a pissant. Who cares if it gives you a added player advantage or more time to maneuver. Thats a fuckin wussy thing to do. I dont care who you play for or what sport it is. Man I feel bad taking a breathing knee in rugby for crying out loud. That same game there was a guy playin for boston with a bloody broken foot! PISSSAHHH!

Anyways thats my rant. If you are going to pretend to care about something passionatly enough to mention it in you msn or say you are a "fan", all I am asking if you you to PLEASE watch at least some games in regular season( thats not playoffs) and know why you are a fan in the first place. If it does turn out you only like the colors and you just dont like any other viable teams (senators, leafs, etc) then I guess that will just have to be good enough.

But...I also reserve the right to bitch about it.

Krista Experienced Paradise at 12:20 AM
(0) comments

Comments: Post a Comment