.
Monday, May 03, 2004

Gone Fishin' 

Kyla and I went fishing yesterday for most of the day. It was a long adventure that was kind of stuck on the end of the saturday night one from the BH to the OH. The next morning we woke up sat around a bit at her house and then headed on up to the lodge, but first stopping to see if my grandma was still kickin. We were soon cruisin listen to some tunes in moms rav4 with the factory speakers wailin...*they are really good actually* meanwhile i was saying how much power it had compaired to the nissan and that it was hard to keep it under 100. Ross just got a ticket with it 2 weeks ago.

Sooo..drive drive drive talk talk talk ...oooo mr police man *check speedometer* ...uh oh....

So we got pulled over going 110 in an 80. I have one point left. And yes... i still have my one point even after this second 30 over ticket pull over. This time i didnt have to use graduation and the fact that dad would kill me to get out of it. This time i just told him that i never drive that truck and that it's touchy as hell and i didnt notice. Also i told him i usually drive a car that you have to press the gas to the floor to get it to go 50. He was nice. He said that he really should give me a very large fine but that he was just going to write up a warning. Yupeeeee..

So then I was like whatever, and we continued on to the lodge. We get there and mom asked us if my fluke or telepathy we brought her the chips she needed for the tuna melts at lunch. Un no. So we drive back out to the irving and finally come back to start fishing. But not before a grape pop... and a bathroom break.. and i had to change...and brush my teeth..and find some shoes.

Then eventually we went around looking for a shovel and something to put worms in. I found the shovel but we only had a box for the worms. We started out digging in one spot and there was one huge worm. Then we moved to others, mostly finding nothing. Buggers. I dug up the whole damn yard. I dug by the lodge. I dug by the guest house, I dug by the well and found a clay cafe in there. Then we went out to the field hoping for better luck. We dug by the log pile and we dug in the middle of nothing. Notta. We got like 8 worms. We decided we wanted to get er goin and forget getting more worms.

Since we weren't about to pay the lisence fee of $15 each, we were quickly going to become outlaws. No one wanted to be an accomplice to this as most of the people at the lodge that day were sworn in as level one or higher guides and it was their duty to hold up the laws of fishing.. or some stupid shit.

I figure I am native to my own lodge, so it was legal for me to fish. And kyla...well she just bleaches in the sun but shes as dark and the rest of us.

ANYways we couldnt get someone to drop us off at the point and we had to walk out with our spinning rods through a bunch of row and bramble. It was muddy and slippery as heck and there were trees and twigs EVERYWHERE. With a few slips and some funny entanglements we finally made it to the point. It's only like 25 meters from the lodge but it took us at least 30 minutes to get there. We got there and with my first cast showing kyla how the reels worked, I got a trout.

Now we know that it was a trout but at the time I didnt know what it was and whether it was worth keeping. We yelled back to mom on shore and I didnt really get much help there so I yanked er off and threw er back.

During the whole day we caught maybe 12 fish in total. We caught a bunch of trout maybe only 3 that were worth keeping, a pirch (which i didnt know what it was until i grabbed a hold of it) and 3 salmon par which are really small but fight and feel on the line as if they are huge trout. Funny little things.

Anyways we were out there awhile and we ran out of worms and screwed our reels up a bunch and untangled them again. We walked back in and left our rods out on the point, dug some more worms and found lots and then went back with a motor boat sans motor but with paddles and picked up the rods and went around fishing other little spots. We found a lot of nothing, screwed our rods up a whole bunch and ended up back almost to where we started by the time we got any more bites. I might have caught one or two there and kyla got some there but it was getting late and i think the tide was moving out or the fish were full or something because by the end of er only the chubs were munchin on our worms.

We paddled back to the lodge and had a beer each and then struck er for kyla's door yard.

And so ended another kytastic adventure.

Krista Experienced Paradise at 9:04 AM
(0) comments

Comments: Post a Comment